1. Know your weaknesses. Acknowledge your shortcomings whatever they may be.
2. Remove Temptations: Out of sight, Out of mind.
3. Set clear goals and have an execution plan. Understand the magnitude of what success means to you, a clear plan outlines each step you must take in order to reach your goals. Create a mantra to keep yourself focused.
4. Build your self-discipline, it’s a learned behavior. Work on improving it through daily diligence.
5. Create new habits by keeping it simple. Break your goal into small, doable steps.
6. Eat often and healthy. Fuel up with healthy snacks and regular meals to keep yourself in check.
7. Change your perception about willpower. Place limits on your self-control to prevent exhaustion to better achieve your goals.
8. Give yourself a backup plan. Going in with a plan will help give you the mindset and the self-control necessary for the situation. It’ll prevent you from making a sudden decision based on your emotional state.
9. Reward yourself. Give yourself something to be excited about by planning a reward when you accomplish your goals. Having something to look forward to gives you the motivation to succeed.
10. Forgive yourself and move forward. if you stumble, acknowledge what caused it and move on. Don’t let yourself get wrapped up in guilt, anger, or frustration, because these emotions will only drag you further down and impede future progress.